It is therefore often difficult to fight against these annoying and unpleasant odors on our clothes, follow our advice to eliminate them effectively from home!
How to remove sweat odors from your clothes before washing them?
To get rid of the smell of perspiration from your T-shirt or shirt, a pre-wash is a must. This method effectively combats the most stubborn bad odours.
- Marseille’s soap to fight sweat on clothes
This trick, which dates back to the days of our grandmothers, is very effective for a variety of household chores and especially when it comes to washing our textiles. Moisten the Marseille soap before rubbing it on the affected part of the textile. Then let it act for fifteen minutes before rinsing it or putting it in the washing machine. Yourclothes will immediately smell clean !
- Soda crystals or baking soda to say goodbye to the smell of sweat
Soda crystals also remove lingering sweat odors. In a basin, put water by adding the crystals and soak your clothes in it. Then leave to act for 30 minutes before putting them in the washing machine.
Furthermore baking soda can also be used in the same way with the same break time. If your clothes do not necessarily require machine washing, take a small handful of baking soda to sprinkle on the smelly part and leave on overnight. The next day, rub the fabric to remove the excess powder. If, however, the entire garment is infested with a persistent smell of cigarettes, for example, put it in a bag with a cup of baking soda, shake it up and let it work overnight.
- Dishwashing liquid and White vinegar and the sweat will only be a bad memory
Mix lukewarm water with white vinegar and a drop of dishwashing liquid. Then place everything in a basin, incorporating the clothes, even synthetic ones, whose dirty parts will be rubbed.
Another tip: place white vinegar in the fabric softener compartment before starting your washing machine.
How to remove sweat odors from your clothes after washing them?
Some odors may be stubborn even after washing. Here are some tips for absorbing them:
- Alcohol : Take a basin filled with one liter of cold water and add the equivalent of a coffee cup of alcohol at 70 degrees. Then let your garment act in this basin for a few hours before rinsing it and you’re done!
- The sun : It is the best asset for drying textiles in the open air, thus killing a large part of the microbes responsible for unwanted odors.
- Essential oils : Incorporate a few drops of essential oil (lemon, mint or lavender for example) in the last laundry cycle of your machine. This will allow delicately scent your laundry. The advantage is that you can choose the scent to your liking.
All these effective and easy-to-use methods will allow you neutralize bad odors and keep your clothes fresh,avoiding some awkward situations!